- Purpose & Function
The purpose of this Act is to contribute to the development of arts by establishing the National Academy of Arts, Republic of Korea to treat favorably and support artists who have rendered meritorious services in artistic creation and to carry out projects assisting their artistic creative activities.
Consultation and su ggestion on policies for the promotion of arts
Support for artistic creative activities
Exchange of domestic and foreign arts and holding artistic events
National Academy of Arts, Republic of Korea Award
Other matters concerning the promotion of arts
- 1. The NAA is a special organization founded by the government in accordance with the National Academy of Arts, Republic of Korea Act. Its purposes are to provide favorable treatment to artists and to support their artistic creative activities.
- 2. As an organization for artists in Korea and abroad, the NAA carries out projects for the promotion of arts including consultation and suggestion.
- 3. Members shall be elected by the General Meeting (the term of members: 4 years). Only senior artists who have rendered meritorious services in artistic creation can be elected as members.
- 4. Although the NAA is supported by the Ministry of Culture, Supports and Tourism, it is not a government organization nor are its members government officials.
- 5. The NAA has a Secretariat to assist the artistic creative activities of its members. The Secretariat is an government organization affiliated with the Ministry of Culture, Supports and Tourism and its staff are all government officials.
- 6. All the budget required for operating the NAA supported by in the government’s budget and the members are paid within the budget.